Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Puppy!

WE GOT A NEW PUPPY!!

Jon and I have been doing a lot of thinking of how we should get another dog for Toby (or dog we have had now for 9 months) He is the most PLAYFUL puppy we know and has the personality that wouldnt harm a fly! Currently as we live on my parents property Toby runs around and plays with the other 5 dogs that my parents have. Since we are moving out soon we thought it would be smart to get him a little friend so he wouldnt be all alone and to keep him busy!
Jon and I did a lot of hunting and I did a lot of research on what kind of dog to get! With the baby coming in 5 months we wanted a fmaily oriented dog but also a good size for Toby! If it was up to me we would have gotten a St Bernard since that is my dream dog! But our backyard just isnt quite big enough for one.
Jon has always been in LOVE with Corgis and has ALWAYS WANTED ONE! I personally didnt really know what they were till he mentioned them. I did some research on them and they do seem to be very good dogs and great size! I am a big fan of ADOPTING a dog rather than paying lots of money for one. I tried to find a corgi to adopt but their wasnt to many Pure Bred Corgis available so I went to the next step and looked into breeders! I was going to suprise JOn with one on his birthday but I really wanted this picking of a dog to be a mutual decision. I then found a breader located in Elk Grove and immidiatley called them to get some information. Jon and I went to go take a look at the puppies (who at the time were 3 weeks old) and we ended up picking one out!
Jon picked the breed and the name so he allowed me to pick the one I wanted out of the litter. I really liked Brown and White Corgis but their was something about this black and brown one (being the ONLY black and brown one) that I just couldn't pass up!
His name is Boomer, our new Pembroke Welsh Corgi Puppy! He comes home February 14th :)

1 comment: